In this digital age, it is no surprise that digital marketing has become a booming sector in India. From start-ups to large corporations, every organisation is looking to hire professionals who are well-versed in the rapidly evolving digital marketing market. In this article, we explore the various opportunities available in digital marketing, the scope of growth and jobs prospects in India.
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing in India
- Scope of Digital Marketing in India
- Job Opportunities in Digital Marketing
- Growth Prospects of Digital Marketing in India
- Ways to Start Your Career in Digital Marketing
- How to Stay Ahead in the Field of Digital Marketing
The demand for skilled digital marketing professionals is expected to increase significantly in the coming years. By 2030, it’s likely that digital marketing will have become an even more integral part of most businesses’ marketing strategies, as more and more consumers shift their attention to digital channels for information, entertainment, and purchasing.
Introduction to Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands using electronic media. It differs from traditional marketing in that it uses channels and methods that allow an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time.
Digital marketing includes a wide range of activities, such as search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, social media marketing, email marketing, and more. India has been at the forefront of the digital marketing revolution, with a large number of businesses adopting digital strategies to reach and engage customers.
The digital marketing sector in India is booming, with a growing number of jobs and scope for growth. Here’s a look at the current state of the industry, including some of the top companies hiring digital marketers.
Overview of Digital Marketing Jobs in India
The digital marketing sector in India is growing at a rapid pace with new job opportunities opening up every day. If you are looking for a career in digital marketing, then there are plenty of options to choose from. Here is an overview of some of the most popular digital marketing jobs in India:
1. Social Media Manager: As a social media manager, you will be responsible for managing the social media accounts of a company or brand. This will involve creating and sharing content, engaging with followers, and monitoring feedback.
2. Content Marketing Manager: A content marketing manager is responsible for developing and managing content strategy for a company or brand. This includes planning and creating content, curating content from other sources, and promoting content through various channels.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist: An SEO specialist helps to improve the visibility of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs). This involves optimizing website content, building links, and conducting keyword research.
4. Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Specialist: A PPC specialist manages paid advertising campaigns on platforms such as Google AdWords or Bing Ads. This involves setting up campaigns, tracking performance, and adjusting bids and keywords to improve results.
5. Email Marketing Specialist: An email marketing specialist creates and sends email campaigns to promote a company or brand’s products or services. This involves designing emails, segmenting lists, and measuring campaign performance metrics such as open rate
Digital marketing is one of the most booming sectors in India. With the growth of internet and mobile penetration, the scope for digital marketing jobs has increased manifold. There are various types of digital marketing jobs available in India,depending on the skillset and experience of the candidate.
The most common types of digital marketing jobs include:
1. Social media marketing: This involves managing social media accounts of a company or brand and creating engaging content to promote it. Candidates with good communication and writing skills can excel in this job.
2. Search engine optimization (SEO): This job involves optimizing website content and improving its ranking on search engines such as Google. Candidate should have good knowledge of how search engines work and how to improve website ranking.
3. Pay per click (PPC) advertising: In this job, candidate will be responsible for managing PPC campaigns and driving traffic to a website through ads. Candidates with good analytical and mathematical skills can do well in this job.
4. Email marketing: In this job, candidate will be responsible for creating email campaigns and promoting products/services through them. Candidates with good creative skills and experience in using email marketing tools can excel in this job.
5. Content marketing: This job involves creating engaging content to promote a company or brand online. Candidates with good writing and research skills can do well in this job
Scope of Digital Marketing in India
According to some estimates, the digital marketing industry is expected to grow at a rapid pace in the coming years, with the global market expected to reach over $300 billion by 2023. This growth is expected to drive an increased demand for skilled digital marketing professionals who can help businesses effectively reach and engage their target audience through various digital channels.
In India, the demand for digital marketing professionals is also expected to grow, particularly as more businesses recognize the importance of having a strong online presence. In addition, the increasing popularity of e-commerce and the growth of the tech sector are also likely to drive demand for digital marketing professionals in the country.
Overall, the demand for skilled digital marketing professionals is expected to remain strong well into the future, as digital marketing continues to evolve and businesses increasingly rely on this channel to reach and engage their customers.
Digital marketing is one of the most rapidly growing industries in India. The country has the second highest number of internet users in the world, with over 450 million people accessing the internet as of June 2017. This number is only expected to grow in the coming years.
With such a large and growing internet user base, businesses in India are increasingly turning to digital marketing to reach their target audiences. This has resulted in a boom in the digital marketing industry, with jobs and opportunities for growth prospects increasing rapidly.
Some of the most popular digital marketing channels in India include search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing (SMM), and content marketing. Businesses are also increasingly investing in video marketing and mobile marketing to reach their target audiences on these platforms.
The scope for growth in the digital marketing industry in India is immense. With more businesses turning to this form of marketing and with the continued growth of the internet user base, there will be plenty of opportunities for those with the skills and knowledge required to succeed in this industry.
Today, digital marketing is one of the most valuable skills and the best part is that anyone with good English knowledge and basic computer skills can learn digital marketing.
The future of digital marketing as a career in India is bright and full of opportunities. By 2023, digital marketing is expected to become an even more integral part of most businesses’ marketing strategies, driving an increased demand for digital marketing professionals in the country.
Some of the popular digital marketing job roles in India include:
Digital Marketing Manager: Responsible for planning, executing, and measuring the success of a company’s digital marketing campaigns.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist: Responsible for improving the visibility and ranking of a website on search engine results pages.
Social Media Manager: Responsible for managing a company’s social media presence and using these platforms to engage with customers and build brand awareness.
Content Marketer: Responsible for creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a target audience and drive profitable customer action.
Email Marketer: Responsible for using email to promote a product or service, build relationships with customers, and drive conversions.
Digital Advertising Manager: Responsible for planning, executing, and measuring the success of a company’s digital advertising campaigns.
E-commerce Manager: Responsible for managing a company’s online store and ensuring that it runs smoothly and effectively.
Data Analyst: Responsible for analyzing and interpreting data to inform digital marketing strategy and decision making.
In addition to these traditional digital marketing roles, there are also emerging job roles that are likely to become more prevalent in the future, such as:
AI Marketer: Responsible for using artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve and automate digital marketing processes.
Voice Search Optimization Specialist: Responsible for optimizing a website and its content for voice search.
Virtual and Augmented Reality Marketer: Responsible for using virtual and augmented reality to create immersive and interactive experiences for customers.
Overall, the future of digital marketing as a career in India is expected to be very promising, with a wide range of job opportunities available in the industry. As digital marketing continues to evolve and become more important for businesses, the demand for skilled professionals is only likely to increase.
If you are passionate about digital marketing and Interne, then digital marketing is the best career for you.
This article is about career scope in Digital Marketing. Here you will find more details about what is digital marketing, future of digital marketing career in India, career scope, job opportunities and how to start your career in digital marketing industry.
Digital marketing is the future of marketing
As we all know that marketing is about communicating the right message to the right audience using right channel. Today digital media is right channel to connect with audience. This is major reason why brands and companies are using digital channels to connect with their potential customers.
Due to multiple benefits offered by digital marketing, brands have started investing their marketing budget in digital mareketing.
Traditional marketing is not working
Newspaper readership is declining, people don’t go to exhibitions, they don’t read pamphlets, they don’t want to be bombarded with marketing slogans and ads which are not relevant to them.
Instead of watching ads on TV, today consumers are using Google to find products to buy, they are able to compare price, features. Consumersa are using social media to connect with brands and they are using YouTube to learn more about products and able to check reviews.
All this was not possible in the past.
Due to this change in buying behaviour of consumers, brands have moved their focus on digital marketing.
Future of digital marketing career in India is very bright
With Digital India and Make in India initiatives flourishing at its fullest potential, global giants like Google and Facebook have planned to open permanent campuses in Hyderabad, India.
Brands and corporates are putting more money in digital marketing activities than ever before.
All this concludes that digital marketing is not just a great career to pursue but rewarding and exciting career for fresh graduates and even for working employees, who are looking for job change.
Now you know why digital marketing is considered as better alternative to traditional career.
Demand of digita marketers will grow in India very fast
Because almost every small, medium and big companies are investing in digital markeing, they will need digital marketing professionals to manage digital marketing campaign, they will need digital marketing managers, SEO experts, social media experts, content writers, video editors, graphics designers, website developers etc. to take care of their digital marketing activities.
Today, if you check on Naukri, Shine, Indeed, freshersworls or any other popular job portals, you will find 20% jobs are related to digital marketing only.
|1||0-1 years||1.5 to 2 lacs per annum|
|2||1-3 years||4-5 lacs per annum|
|3||3-4 years||5-6 lacs per annum|
|4||5-8 years||7-10 lacs per annum|
|5||8-10 years||12-20 lacs per annum|
Skills Required to Become a Demanded Digital Marketer
A digital marketer should have a set of following skills to excel and flourish in his or her career. Brian Burt, founder of WebRev Marketing & Design says, “As the internet becomes an increasingly dominant part of business, all professionals have a duty to become proficient in basic digital marketing skills. And when you add this skillset to your already impressive qualifications in your field, you become a double threat and infinitely more valuable to current and future employers.”
In addition to these technical skills, there are also soft skills that are important for digital marketing professionals in India to possess, including:
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with team members and clients.
- Creativity: Ability to think outside the box and come up with new and innovative ideas for digital marketing campaigns.
- Analytical thinking: Ability to use data to inform decision making and measure the success of digital marketing campaigns.
- Adaptability: Ability to quickly adapt to changes in the digital marketing industry and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
By developing and honing these skills, digital marketing professionals in India can increase their value to employers and advance their careers in the industry.
Some of the important skills every digital marketer must possess in his or her armory are:
Project management skills
Problem solving skills
Big Benefits of Having a Digital Marketing Career
There are innumerable benefits and advantages of pursuing career in digital marketing, as Zara Burke of Digital Marketing Institute says, “Bigger budgets, increased pay and more career choice are just some of the benefits digital marketing professionals can look forward to this year and beyond.”
Here, we try to picture some of the important benefits of digital marketing:
- Demand for Digital Marketers are growing
Prepare yourself for an exciting career of digital marketing, where demand exceeds supply in the coming years. Isn’t it a great and wise move? If you become skilled at digital marketing right now, you will be most-demanded and valued by the industry. There are 2000+ digital marketing jobs on the job ports as of now.
- Gain Fresh skills
Learn fresh set of digital marketing skills to future-proof your career. Getting experienced in new skills will increase job security and boost your career prospective.
- Plethora of Career Choices
Since digital marketing is huge industry, it has multiple areas to choose from such as SEO, PPC, content marketing, etc. for freshers and working professionals to progress their career.
- Huge Pay
Since companies understands the real value of skilled and certified digital marketers, the pay scale will be significantly more than your peers.
Don’t we say earlier that digital marketing is actually a lucrative career for both – Student and working employees. So, if you want to learn digital marketing from base and start your exciting journey in the world of digital marketing, then our CCDM course (Certification Course in Digital Marketing) is the right option for you at this stage. Having a certification will boost your chances of getting white-collar job in top MNCs.
With 6-weeks of interactive training under award-winning trainers supported with real case studies and actionable project work, you will master the art of digital marketing in no time. In addition, our internship program will expose you to real world digital marketing strategies that not only help you gain experience but also infuse confidence in your skills and ability. This way you can confidently crack job interviews at any company.
Click here for more information on Certification Course in Digital Marketing
Digital marketers need to have good analytical skills. Their responsibilities range from auditing the full website (so that they can suggest improvisations) to implementing SEO strategies and launch Pay Per Click ad campaigns. Also, they need to track the conversions, monitor visitor activities and accordingly, alter or modify the marketing strategies, if need be. The ultimate aim of the digital marketer is to communicate and convince the target customers of a product or service, of its value. With their online marketing strategy, they should be able to drive maximum traffic to the product or service page and persuade them in the right way, to buy the product or service.
In this digital age, online marketing is imperative. The basic principle of marketing stays the same, however, only the channels of marketing and the specific tactics are different. So, if you want to make it big in the digital marketing industry, you need to study trends and educate yourself constantly of the emerging trends. To get the best result, you must think out of the box and launch online marketing campaigns for your brands that will get the maximum attention.
Benefits of Digital Marketing Career
Digital marketing is one of the most in-demand and fastest-growing industries in India. The career opportunities in digital marketing are endless, and the scope for growth is immense. Here are some of the top benefits of pursuing a career in digital marketing:
1. You can be your own boss: As a freelance digital marketer, you have the freedom to choose your own clients, work hours, and rates. This allows you to be in control of your own career and earnings.
2. There is a high demand for digital marketers: With more and more businesses going online, there is a growing need for skilled digital marketers. This provides you with plenty of job opportunities to choose from.
3. You can earn a good income: Digital marketing is a well-paid profession, with experienced professionals earning upwards of Rs 1 lakh per month. This makes it a highly lucrative career option.
4. You can work from anywhere: One of the best things about being a digital marketer is that you can work from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection. This gives you the freedom to travel and work at the same time.
5. The industry is constantly evolving: The digital marketing landscape is constantly changing, which keeps things interesting and challenging. As a digital marketer, you will always be learning new things and keeping up with the latest trends.
The future of aspiring digital marketing is really bright. This is due to the fact that a lot of companies, old and new alike, are concentrating more on online marketing, instead of traditional forms of marketing. As a matter of fact, companies that once invested hugely in traditional marketing are now more interested in investing in digital marketing. So, whether you want to start your own digital marketing agency, or would like to work in one of the renowned digital marketing companies or are interested in taking up a job as an in house digital marketing manager of a leading brand, the job prospects are very high.
So go ahead, join a digital marketing certification program, get some hands on experience in real life projects and network with other professionals from the digital marketing industry- do it right and you will soon see yourself climbing the digital marketing ladder.
Digital marketing in India is a rapidly growing field, with more and more companies taking advantage of the opportunities it provides. With job openings projected to increase significantly over the coming years, now is an excellent time for anyone interested in pursuing digital marketing careers. The potential for growth and success in this sector are immense, and with the right qualifications and skillset, there are plenty of exciting opportunities available. If you’re looking to get into digital marketing or hoping to take your career forward within this booming sector, now might be the ideal time to do so!