Digital Marketing as a career is the best choice if you are passionate about the internet, marketing, websites etc. As per recent studies, Digital Marketing is booming in India.
Due to heavy growth of Internet and mobile users in India after Digital India campaign and Reliance Jio, Digital Marketing has become popular now.
This article is about Career scope in Digital Marketing. Here you will find more details about what is Digital Marketing, Future of Digital Marketing in India, Career scope, job opportunities and how to start your career in Digital Marketing
If you are confused about your career and looking for details about what are career benefits of Digital Marketing in India, this article will help you take a right decision about your career path.
Digital Marketing is the Future of Marketing
As I said marketing is about communicating right message to right audience using right channel. Today digital media is right channel to connect with audience. This is major reason why brands and companies are using digital channels to connecting with their potential customers.
Some Interesting Stats about Indian Digital Marketing Industry
- As per a recent report by IAMAI and Boston consulting group, India has one of the largest and fastest growing populations of Internet users in the world—190 million as of June 2014 and growing rapidly.
- According to a report, India will cross 500 million Internet Users Mark in 2020
- According to Direct Marketing Association, Digital Marketing Industry is worth $62 billion
- According to a recent report Digital Advertising in India, jointly published by IAMAI and IMRB, the value of Online Advertising market in India is expected to increase to Rs 3575 Crore by Mar 2015 from Rs 2750 Crore a year earlier; around 30 per cent YoY growth.
- According to a joint study conducted by ASSOCHAM and Deloitte, Indian eCommerce industry has grown steadily from $4.4 billion in 2010 to $13.6 billion in 2014 and expected to touch $16 billion by the end of 2015.
Newspaper readership is declining, people don’t go to exhibitions, they don’t read pamphlets, they don’t want to be bombarded with marketing slogans and ads which are not relevant to them.
If you are a business owner then your job is to close sales and not generating inquiries. If you waste your time in generating leads, who will work on closing deals?
It’s time to switch your focus from traditional marketing to digital marketing which will allow you to reach right people at right time at much lower cost per acquisition.