Welcome to my SEO guide for beginners. Purpose of this SEO tutorial is to share complete knowledge about Search Engine Optimization for beginners who are new to the SEO field.
Search Engine Optimization is one of the most popular topics in the Digital Marketing field. I have been practising SEO since 2009, SEO has changed a lot since then.
SEO is an interesting topic, it’s complex and time-consuming. The best part about SEO is, you can get free unlimited traffic from Google.
If you know how to do SEO for your website, you can rank your website on the first page of Google
Related: How to promote the website in Google for Free?
Let’s start our SEO guide with topics we will cover in this guide
Key Topics of SEO Guide
Section 1 – SEO Basics
This section will cover the basics and concepts of SEO, terminologies and SEO definition.
- An Introduction to SEO
- Paid search and organic search results
- Different types of SEO techniques
- Understand how Google Search Engine Works
Section 2 – Understanding Websites
- What is a website?
- Different types of websites
- Understand HTML, Meta tags, URL and domain name etc
- How to make SEO friendly website
- How to do SEO for WordPress website
Section 3 – SEO Terminology
- Keyword Research
- On-page and Off-page SEO
- Link Building
- SEO friendly content writing
- Domain Authority
- Page Rank
- Google Algorithm
- Blackhat SEO and White Hat SEO
An Introduction to SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO is all about ranking your website on the first page of Google and other similar search engines to attract visitors to your website when they search for relevant keywords.
This means when a visitor will search on Google for some keywords which are related to your website, they will see your website on the Google Search Engine Result Page (SERP)
Search engine optimization has many definitions.
In technical terms, SEO is the process of optimizing the website to rank on the first page of Google for relevant keywords.
Many people are still confused between SEO and paid results.
Here is how you can explain SEO in another way:
SEO is a digital marketing strategy which is used to improve website ranking in organic search results to attract more visitors on the website.
The best part of SEO is you can get millions of visitors on your website if you know how to rank your website for high traffic keywords.
Latest posts by Bhavesh Gudhka (see all)
- Introduction to Google AdWords (Now Google Ads) - September 11, 2018
- How to Become A Digital Marketing Expert – Step by Step process - September 6, 2018
- Latest SEO Tips for On-page and Off-Page SEO – (Updated 2018) - September 4, 2018